What You Should Know
2. ScotiaComp Technologies uses information, including Personal Information, as supplied by you to provide Services and for internal operations purposes such as fulfilling contact requests, research, marketing, invoicing and for other similar internal purposes. ScotiaComp Technologies utilizes third party tools such as software, Software-as-a-Service, or cloud applications to help facilitate some of these internal operations.
3. ScotiaComp Technologies collects the minimum amount of Personal Information we believe is required to interact with Users, generally limited to contact information without which we would not be able to communicate with you at all and therefore would not be able to effectively deliver our Services. If you choose to proceed with a consultation and allow us access to your systems, additional information will be collected about some of your staff and systems, and we may interact with other sensitive information. ScotiaComp Technologies makes no effort to collect this information and it is a result of the nature of our work. ScotiaComp Technologies will not duplicate or record data unless it is for the purposes outlined in the consultation and with consent.
4. ScotiaComp Technologies will share information, including Personal Information, to respond to investigations, court orders, legal process, or to investigate, prevent or act on regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law. Whenever possible, ScotiaComp Technologies will alert customers to these requests to allow the customer to take action unless there is an urgent risk to the health or safety of any person or property.
5. ScotiaComp Technologies will share personal information and other data that is required to complete requested services with approved vendors or partners. Only the minimal information and access will be provided to vendors and partners to complete their work. Careful consideration has been taken prior to the release of any information to ensure your data is protected the same as you expect from ScotiaComp Technologies by any Vendors or Partners.
7. All Personal Information and other data, policies, procedures, trade secrets, or anything not know to the public about our customers businesses remains private and confidential. The security of your Personal Information and data is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Additional information will be provided in your Managed Service Agreement.
8. ScotiaComp Technologies uses a technology called “cookies” to store session information. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. We use session ID cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site will be limited. You may change your acceptance and revoke cookies at any time.
Click Here to manage your cookies.
9. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
10. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track Visitors’ and Users’ movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user base.
12. ScotiaComp Technologies commits to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and will comply with the advice given by such authorities about human resources data and non-human resources data transferred from the EU.
If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information, you can do so at any time by contacting the Privacy Officer. If you believe that we have infringed your rights, we encourage you to contact us so that we can try to address your concerns or dispute informally. Our contact information is:
ScotiaComp Technologies, Inc.
Dennis Kearney (Privacy Officer)
281 Reeves St
Port Hawkesbury, NS B9A 2B5
1 (902) 600-2523
Additional contacts can be found here.